The 6th edition of PhDs in Logic will take place in Utrecht, The Netherlands on 24-25 April 2014.
PhDs in Logic is a graduate conference organized by local graduate students. Its aim is to bring together PhD students and researchers as well as to foster contact between graduate students. Earlier editions of the event took place in Ghent (2009, 2012), Tilburg (2010), Brussels (2011) and Munich (2013).
Following the previous meetings, the academic setup of the conference consists of two main parts:
- Four established researchers in logic will each give two 45-minute tutorial sessions on a relevant topic in logic;
- About 15 PhD candidates will give 20-minute presentations on their work.
There will be ample opportunity for informal gatherings, including a conference dinner on Thursday April 24.
- Thierry Coquand (Gothenburg)
- Femke van Raamsdonk (Amsterdam)
- Stephen Read (St. Andrews)
- Albert Visser (Utrecht)
- Jean Paul van Bendegem (Brussel)
- Rosalie Iemhoff (Utrecht)
- Barteld Kooi (Groningen)
- Benedikt Löwe (Hamburg, Amsterdam)
- Sonja Smets (Amsterdam)
- Heinrich Wansing (Bochum)
This event is made possible by funding from:
- Arend Heyting Stichting
- Descartes Centre for the History and Philosophy of the Sciences and the Humanities
- De Nederlandse Vereniging voor Logica & Wijsbegeerte der Exacte Wetenschappen
- Evert Willem Beth Foundation
- Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research
- Research Institute for Philosophy and Religious Studies (OFR) at Utrecht University